CMT Department Manager
CMT Department Manager
- Responsible for operational management of Construction Materials Testing & Inspection Department in Kennesaw, GA.
- Promotes safe project work habits and require member adherence to project safety requirements
- Maintains the local office safety compliance and employee training
- Recruitment, development and mentoring of professional and technical personnel.
- Actively advance the cause and mission of MC Squared.
- Actively participates in professional and technical organizations.
- Actively be involved in the Georgia market to represent the company as a consultant of choice.
- Responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide focus on quality, client satisfaction, safety and added value.
- Provides business unit oversight to staff and holds them accountable to expectations.
- Evaluate opportunities and provides input to strategic decisions regarding Go No-Go.
- Prepares project proposals, SOQ responses, and cost estimates
- Assist Business Development team with Client proposal requests
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure work quality, exceptional staff performance, and address client concerns and manage expectations.
- Coordinates staff assignments including down-time assignments
- Attend jobsite progress meetings
- Acts as liaison between field construction service staff and contractor/owner
- Oversees on-site staff’s work associated with project requirements such as document control, daily reports and monthly reports, submittal review, design modifications and project correspondence including Contractor Change Requests, Contractor Schedule Evaluations and Reviews, Request for Information, Instruction to Contractor, and Notice of Non-Compliance
- Maintains client relationships and develops future project opportunities
- Oversees project budget and prepare/negotiate/resolve contract change order requests
- Coordinates acquisition, use, and maintenance of department equipment
- Maintains department staff resumes and project write-ups
- Develop annual department budget and business plan
- Maintains and expands technical knowledge of the quality control service line
- Develops a thorough understanding of the requirements, processes, and procedures of the local agencies such as GDOT, MARTA, Cities, Counties, Etc.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- P.E. or P.G. registration is required
- 8+ years of relevant experience is required
- ICC, NICET, and/or ACI Certifications are desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated performance of independent analysis and demonstrated strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong personal safety awareness.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Desire to be part of a firm that demands the highest level of technical excellence.
Company Perks + Benefits
In addition to offering competitive compensation, our employee benefits package includes:
- Four (4) Medical Plans effective first of the month following start date ($200/Mo. company paid)
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plans (50% Company Paid)
- Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
- Retirement Plan: 401(k) (3% Company Contribution)
- Short Term Disability (100% Company Paid)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (100% Company Paid)
- Accident Insurance (50% Company Paid)
- Critical Illness Insurance (50% Company Paid)
- Bonus Program
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Professional development training
- Professional certification and registration renewals
How to Apply
Please send your resume via e-mail to email@example.com. This is a full-time position housed in our office in Kennesaw, Ga Office. Must be authorized to work legally in the US.